- C. K. Matcha, S. S. Garani, “2D Linear Detector Based on Generalized Belief Propagation Algorithm”, in Annual Allerton Conference on Communication, Control, and Computing (Allerton), Oct. 2018 (accepted).
- A. B. Nair, A. Mondal and S. S. Garani, “A Low-complexity Hardware AWGN Channel Emulator on FPGA using Central Limit Theorem” in IEEE Int. Midwest Symp. on Circuits and Syst, Windsor, Canada, Aug. 2018.
- P. Gowgi, A. Machireddy and S. S. Garani, “Priority-based Soft Vector Quantization Feature Maps”, in IEEE Int. Joint Conf. on Neural Networks (IJCNN), Rio, Brazil, July 2018.
- A. Machireddy and S. S. Garani, “Data Dependent Adaptive Prediction and Classification of Video Sequences”, in Int. Conf. on Artificial Intelligence and Soft Computing (ICAISC), Zakopane, Poland, June 2018.
- S. Roy, S. S. Garani, “Two dimensional algebraic error correcting codes”, ITA, Feb. 2018.
- P. J. Nadkarni, A. Raina and S. S. Garani, “Recovery of distributed quantum information from a node failure using graph states,” in Quantum Communication and Information Technology Workshop, IEEE GLOBECOM, Singapore, December 2017.
- P. J. Nadkarni and S. S. Garani, “Entanglement Assisted Binary Quantum Tensor Product Codes”, in IEEE Information Theory Workshop, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, Nov. 2017.
Journal Special Issue (Editorial):
- IEEE J-SAC 2016 – Channel Modeling, Coding and Signal Processing for Novel Physical Memory Devices and Systems (http://www.comsoc.org/jsac).
- S. Roy, A. Mondal and S. S. Garani, “A Fast and Efficient Two-Dimensional Chien Search Algorithm and Design Architecture”, IEEE. Comm. Letters, 2018 (accepted).
- P. Gowgi and S. S. Garani, “Temporal Self-Organization: A Reaction-Diffusion Framework for Spatiotemporal Memories,” in IEEE Trans. on Neural Netw. and Learning Syst., Jul. 2018 (early access).
- S. S. Garani, L. Dolecek, J. Barry, F. Sala and B. Vasic, “Signal Processing and Coding Techniques for 2-D Magnetic Recording: An Overview”, in Proc. of the IEEE., vol. 106, no. 2, pp. 286-318, Feb. 2018.
- A. Mondal, S. Thatimattala, V. K. Yalamaddi and S. S. Garani, “Efficient Coding Architectures for Reed-Solomon and Low-Density Parity-Check Decoders for Magnetic and Other Data Storage Systems,” in IEEE. Trans. Magn., vol. 54, no. 2, pp. 1-15, Feb. 2018.
- C. K. Matcha, S. Roy, M. Bahrami, B. Vasic and S. S. Garani, “2D LDPC Codes and Joint Detection and Decoding for Two-Dimensional Magnetic Recording,” in IEEE Trans. on Magn., vol. 54, no. 2, Feb. 2018.
- C. K. Matcha and S. S. Garani, “Joint Timing Recovery and Signal Detection for Two-Dimensional Magnetic Recording,” in IEEE. Trans. Magn., vol. 53, no. 2, Feb. 2017.
- C. K. Matcha and S. S. Garani, “Defect Detection and Burst Erasure Correction for TDMR,” in IEEE. Trans. Magn., vol. 52, no. 11, Nov. 2016.
- Method and apparatus for joint adaptation of two-/multi- dimensional equalizer and partial response target, United States Patent No. 10,026,441, Shayan Srinivasa Garani, Chaitanya Kumar Matcha, Arnab Dey, Jul. 2018.
- Identifying a defect in a data-storage medium, United States Patent No. 9,324,370, Shayan G. Srinivasa and Sivagnanam Parthasarathy, 2016.
- Method and system for monitoring data channel to enable use of dynamically adjustable LDPC coding parameters in a data storage system, Patent No. 9,214,963, Shayan Garani Srinivasa, Kent D. Anderson, Anantha Raman Krishnan, Guangming Lu, Shafa Dahandeh, Andrew J. Tomlin, Dec. 2015.
- Systems and methods for improved encoding of data in data storage devices, Patent No. 9,203,434, Shayan G. Srinivasa, Dec. 2015.
- Decoding data stored in solid-state memory, Patent No. 8,990,668, with Anantha Raman Krishnan and Kent Anderson, Mar. 2015.
- Data storage device tracking log-likelihood ratio for a decoder based on past performance, Patent No. 8,856,615, with Anantha Raman Krishnan, Kent Anderson and Shafa Dahandeh, Oct. 2014.
- Methods and devices for joint two-dimensional self-iterating equalization and detection, Patent No. 8,760,782, with Yiming Chen, June 2014.
- Constrained on-the-fly interleaver address generation, Patent No. 8,625,220, with Sivagnanam Parthasarathy and Sudha Thipparthi, Jan. 2014.
- Methods and devices for two-dimensional iterative multi-track based MAP detection, Patent No. 8,582,223, with Yiming Chen, Nov. 2013.
- Encoding apparatus, system and method using LDPC codes, Patent No. 8,397,125, Shayan G. Srinivasa, Mar. 2013.
- Adaptive data dependent noise prediction, Patent No. 8,290,102, with Mustafa Kaynak, Stefano Valle and Sivagnanam Parthasarathy, 2012.
- Interlaced iterative system design for 1K-byte block with 512 byte LDPC code words, Patent No. 8,255,768, with Xinde Hu, Sivagnanam Parthasarathy, Anthony Weathers and Richard Barndt, 2012.
- Channel constrained code aware interleavers, Patent No. 8,055,973, with Nicholas Richardson and Xinde Hu, 2011.