- A. Machireddy and S. S. Garani, “Data Dependent Adaptive Prediction and Classification of Video Sequences”, in Intl. Conf. on Artificial Intelligence and Soft Computing (ICAISC), Zakopane, Poland, June 2018.
- P. J. Nadkarni, A. Raina and S. S. Garani, “Recovery of distributed quantum information from a node failure using graph states,” in Quantum Communication and Information Technology Workshop, IEEE GLOBECOM, Singapore, December 2017.
- P. J. Nadkarni and S. S. Garani, “Entanglement Assisted Binary Quantum Tensor Product Codes”, in IEEE Information Theory Workshop, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, Nov. 2017.
- A. Raina, P. J. Nadkarni and S. S. Garani, “Recovery of Distributed Quantum Information in Quantum Networks”, in Frontiers in Optics, Washington D.C., Sep. 2017.
- C. K. Matcha, S. Roy, M. Bahrami, B. Vasic and S. S. Garani, “2D LDPC Codes and Joint Detection and Decoding for Two-Dimensional Magnetic Recording”, (2 page abstract) IEEE The Magn. Rec. Conf. (TMRC), Tsukuba, Japan, Aug. 2017. (Travel Award: IEEE Magn. Soc. Student Travel Grant.)
- A. Dey, S. Jose, K. Varghese and S. S. Garani, “A High-throughput Clock-less Architecture for Soft-Output Viterbi Detection”, in IEEE International Midwest Symposium on Circuits and Systems, Boston, USA, Aug. 2017.
- T. Khandelwal, K. Rajwanshi, P. Bharadwaj, S. S. Garani and R. Sundaresan, “Exploiting Appliance State Constraints to Improve Appliance State Detection”, in Proceedings of e-Energy ’17, Shatin, Hong Kong, May 2017, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/3077839.3077859
Journal Special Issue (Editorial):
- IEEE J-SAC 2016 – Channel Modeling, Coding and Signal Processing for Novel Physical Memory Devices and Systems (http://www.comsoc.org/jsac).
- S. S. Garani, L. Dolecek, J. Barry, F. Sala and B. Vasic, “Signal Processing and Coding Techniques for 2-D Magnetic Recording: An Overview”, in Proc. of the IEEE., vol. 106, no. 2, pp. 286-318, Feb. 2018.
- A. Mondal, S. Thatimattala, V. K. Yalamaddi and S. S. Garani, “Efficient Coding Architectures for Reed-Solomon and Low-Density Parity-Check Decoders for Magnetic and Other Data Storage Systems,” in IEEE. Trans. Magn., vol. 54, no. 2, pp. 1-15, Feb. 2018.
- C. K. Matcha, S. Roy, M. Bahrami, B. Vasic and S. S. Garani, “2D LDPC Codes and Joint Detection and Decoding for Two-Dimensional Magnetic Recording,” in IEEE Trans. on Magn., vol. 54, no. 2, Feb. 2018.
- C. K. Matcha and S. S. Garani, “Joint Timing Recovery and Signal Detection for Two-Dimensional Magnetic Recording,” in IEEE. Trans. Magn., vol. 53, no. 2, Feb. 2017.
- C. K. Matcha and S. S. Garani, “Defect Detection and Burst Erasure Correction for TDMR,” in IEEE. Trans. Magn., vol. 52, no. 11, Nov. 2016.
- S. Datta and S. S. Garani, “Design Architecture of a Two-Dimensional Separable Iterative Soft Output Viterbi Detector,” in IEEE. Trans. Magn., Jan. 2016.
- C. K. Matcha and S. G. Srinivasa, “Generalized Partial Response Equalization and Data-Dependent Noise Predictive Signal Detection Over Media Models for TDMR,” in IEEE. Trans. Magn., vol. 51, no.10, pp.1-15, Oct. 2015.
- Identifying a defect in a data-storage medium, United States Patent No. 9,324,370, Shayan G. Srinivasa and Sivagnanam Parthasarathy, 2016.
- Method and system for monitoring data channel to enable use of dynamically adjustable LDPC coding parameters in a data storage system, Patent No. 9,214,963, Shayan Garani Srinivasa, Kent D. Anderson, Anantha Raman Krishnan, Guangming Lu, Shafa Dahandeh, Andrew J. Tomlin, Dec. 2015.
- Systems and methods for improved encoding of data in data storage devices, Patent No. 9,203,434, Shayan G. Srinivasa, Dec. 2015.
- Decoding data stored in solid-state memory, Patent No. 8,990,668, with Anantha Raman Krishnan and Kent Anderson, Mar. 2015.
- Data storage device tracking log-likelihood ratio for a decoder based on past performance, Patent No. 8,856,615, with Anantha Raman Krishnan, Kent Anderson and Shafa Dahandeh, Oct. 2014.
- Methods and devices for joint two-dimensional self-iterating equalization and detection, Patent No. 8,760,782, with Yiming Chen, June 2014.
- Constrained on-the-fly interleaver address generation, Patent No. 8,625,220, with Sivagnanam Parthasarathy and Sudha Thipparthi, Jan. 2014.
- Methods and devices for two-dimensional iterative multi-track based MAP detection, Patent No. 8,582,223, with Yiming Chen, Nov. 2013.
- Encoding apparatus, system and method using LDPC codes, Patent No. 8,397,125, Shayan G. Srinivasa, Mar. 2013.
- Adaptive data dependent noise prediction, Patent No. 8,290,102, with Mustafa Kaynak, Stefano Valle and Sivagnanam Parthasarathy, 2012.
- Interlaced iterative system design for 1K-byte block with 512 byte LDPC code words, Patent No. 8,255,768, with Xinde Hu, Sivagnanam Parthasarathy, Anthony Weathers and Richard Barndt, 2012.
- Channel constrained code aware interleavers, Patent No. 8,055,973, with Nicholas Richardson and Xinde Hu, 2011.