- P. J. Nadkarni and S. S. Garani, “Photonic Architecture of Entanglement Assisted Binary Quantum Tensor Product Codes,” in Frontier in Optics, Washington D.C., Sep. 2019.
- A. Machireddy and S. S. Garani, “Guessing the Code: Learning Encoding Mappings Using the Back-Propagation Algorithm”, in IEEE Int. Joint Conf. on Neural Networks (IJCNN), Budapest, Hungary, July 2019.
- P. J. Nadkarni and S. S. Garani, “Entanglement Assisted Quantum Reed-Solomon Codes,” in Information Theory and Applications Workshop 2019, San Diego, February 2019.
- P. J. Nadkarni and S. S. Garani, “Encoding of quantum stabilizer codes over qudits with d = p^k,” in Quantum Communication and Information Technology Workshop, IEEE GLOBECOM, Abu Dhabi, December 2018.
- C. K. Matcha, S. S. Garani, “2D Linear Detector Based on Generalized Belief Propagation Algorithm”, in Annual Allerton Conference on Communication, Control, and Computing (Allerton), Oct. 2018.
- A. B. Nair, A. Mondal and S. S. Garani, “A Low-complexity Hardware AWGN Channel Emulator on FPGA using Central Limit Theorem” in IEEE Int. Midwest Symp. on Circuits and Syst, Windsor, Canada, Aug. 2018.
- P. Gowgi, A. Machireddy and S. S. Garani, “Priority-based Soft Vector Quantization Feature Maps”, in IEEE Int. Joint Conf. on Neural Networks (IJCNN), Rio, Brazil, July 2018.
Journal Special Issue (Editorial):
- IEEE J-SAC 2016 – Channel Modeling, Coding and Signal Processing for Novel Physical Memory Devices and Systems (http://www.comsoc.org/jsac).
- A. Raina, and S. S. Garani, “Quantum channels over graph states using generalized measurement-based quantum computation framework”, Quantum Info. Proc. vol. 19, article 94, Feb. 2020.
- A. Raina, P. J. Nadkarni, and S. S. Garani, “Recovery of quantum information from a node failure in a graph”, Quantum Info. Proc., vol. 19, article 70, Feb. 2020. (DOI:10.1007/s11128-019-2564-3)
- S. Roy and S. S. Garani, “Two-Dimensional Algebraic codes for Multiple Burst Error Correction”, IEEE Comm. Letters, vol. 23, no. 10, pp. 1684-1687, Oct. 2019.
- A. Raina and S. S. Garani, “Recovery from an eavesdropping attack on a qubit of a graph state”, Quantum Info. Proc., vol. 18, no. 9, article 274, Sep. 2019.
- S. S. Garani and H. Seshadri, “An Algorithmic Approach to South Indian Classical Music “, in J. of Math. and Music, May 2019.
- S. Roy, A. Mondal and S. S. Garani, “A Fast and Efficient Two-Dimensional Chien Search Algorithm and Design Architecture”, in IEEE. Comm. Letters, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 16-19, Jan. 2019.
- P. Gowgi and S. S. Garani, “Temporal Self-Organization: A Reaction-Diffusion Framework for Spatiotemporal Memories,” in IEEE Trans. on Neural Netw. and Learning Syst., vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 427-448, Feb. 2019.
- Reed Solomon decoder and decoding methods, United States Patent No. 10,439,643, with S. Thattimattala and V. K. Yalamaddi, Sep. 2019.
- Method and apparatus for joint adaptation of two-/multi- dimensional equalizer and partial response target, United States Patent No. 10,026,441, with Chaitanya Kumar Matcha and Arnab Dey, Jul. 2018.
- Identifying a defect in a data-storage medium, United States Patent No. 9,324,370, with Sivagnanam Parthasarathy, 2016.
- Method and system for monitoring data channel to enable use of dynamically adjustable LDPC coding parameters in a data storage system, Patent No. 9,214,963, with Kent D. Anderson, Anantha Raman Krishnan, Guangming Lu, Shafa Dahandeh and Andrew J. Tomlin, Dec. 2015.
- Systems and methods for improved encoding of data in data storage devices, Patent No. 9,203,434, Shayan G. Srinivasa, Dec. 2015.
- Decoding data stored in solid-state memory, Patent No. 8,990,668, with Anantha Raman Krishnan and Kent Anderson, Mar. 2015.
- Data storage device tracking log-likelihood ratio for a decoder based on past performance, Patent No. 8,856,615, with Anantha Raman Krishnan, Kent Anderson and Shafa Dahandeh, Oct. 2014.
- Methods and devices for joint two-dimensional self-iterating equalization and detection, Patent No. 8,760,782, with Yiming Chen, June 2014.
- Constrained on-the-fly interleaver address generation, Patent No. 8,625,220, with Sivagnanam Parthasarathy and Sudha Thipparthi, Jan. 2014.
- Methods and devices for two-dimensional iterative multi-track based MAP detection, Patent No. 8,582,223, with Yiming Chen, Nov. 2013.
- Encoding apparatus, system and method using LDPC codes, Patent No. 8,397,125, Shayan G. Srinivasa, Mar. 2013.
- Adaptive data dependent noise prediction, Patent No. 8,290,102, with Mustafa Kaynak, Stefano Valle and Sivagnanam Parthasarathy, 2012.
- Interlaced iterative system design for 1K-byte block with 512 byte LDPC code words, Patent No. 8,255,768, with Xinde Hu, Sivagnanam Parthasarathy, Anthony Weathers and Richard Barndt, 2012.
- Channel constrained code aware interleavers, Patent No. 8,055,973, with Nicholas Richardson and Xinde Hu, 2011.